The new functionality allows companies to check and track the status of trailers and machinery
Webfleet Solutions has added a new feature called Asset Tracking to their fleet management solution WEBFLEET, available to Australian fleet customers and business owners. Asset Tracking gives companies visibility over the position and usage of their powered assets, such as trailers, generators and other equipment.
From a single interface, the positions of both vehicles and assets are displayed on a clear map view. Customers can choose to be alerted when an asset is being used, when it leaves a designated area or when any motion is detected. This helps to reduce both the risk of theft and the likelihood of improper usage. Notifications can also be set up to alert the user when maintenance is required, which helps to preserve the value of the asset.
“With WEBFLEET, our focus is always on providing insights and making the working process simpler, safer and more efficient. And that’s precisely what Asset Tracking does,” says Christopher Chisman-Duffy, Sales Director at Webfleet Solutions.
The user can find out the location of each asset in seconds, whether it is on-site or off-site. Asset Tracking provides access to a detailed map, which offers visibility of where their assets have been, with live updates on their latest position every five minutes on the map. If they want more details, the user can get instant reports 24/7 listing the current position, trip, maintenance, input and all the other details regarding how the asset is being used. Customers can also set up a maintenance notification based on the asset’s odometer, engine hours or time since its last maintenance, to be notified when the asset is due for service.
Trailers equipped with a LINK 340 device – a ruggedised tracker, which is dust, shock and waterproof – are also capable of providing coupled asset information, displayed automatically on the map for both the truck and the trailer. Users can easily identify which of their assets are connected to which vehicle, or which machine is being transported by which truck. This advanced new feature provides better control of the total transportation value chain for enhanced business efficiency, while increasing accountability of drivers.
With Asset Tracking, users can:
- Accurately locate assets, by viewing the current positions of assets to ensure they are on-site, or if off-site, can be located quickly when needed.
- Understand assets’ general usage for project handling, using asset reports that provide an overview of asset usage, including total trip and engine hour information for increased efficiency of rental billing, regular book-keeping and maintenance management.
- Detect theft in time to take effective action, using geofencing or motion activation, which provides instant alerts if an asset is moved without permission.
- Monitor their entire business from one interface, by tracking trailers and powered assets from one interface alongside a fleet of vehicles. For instance, fleet managers can monitor their trailer as well as see which truck driver is handling it based on the coupling information.
- Track trailers that are not in use, with active, minimum traceability that reports the location of disconnected trailers by showing their day-to-day position.
“Webfleet Solutions’ Asset Tracking is designed to provide a host of functionalities that enable fleet managers and business owners to get the most value and productivity out of each of their assets. This can make a tangible impact on the reduction of unnecessary costs, and optimise processes for better business results,” concludes Chisman-Duffy.