Good Technology™, the leader in secure mobility, today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire BoxTone, a privately held company based in Columbia, Maryland that is the innovator of mobile service management. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Good Technology also announced today a new cloud-based secure mobility solution and comprehensive range of mobile service management capabilities that deliver mobile security to businesses of all sizes.
The BoxTone mobility management platform, which powers wide-scale, mission critical enterprise mobility, will be integrated into Good’s portfolio to deliver a comprehensive end-to-end secure mobility solution. As the long-standing leader in secure mobility, Good has been delivering collaboration, security, and enterprise management solutions to global customers in over 130 countries. Good products have long been recognised as the premiere solution for enterprise customers by industry analyst firms including Gartner, IDC and The 451 Group. The combination of BoxTone and Good will provide organisations with the ability to deliver the mobile experience end users demand, the security and control IT needs and the reliability that businesses require.
“Enterprise mobility deployments today are mission critical as customers deploy more devices, to more users, with more applications, while IT struggles to provide a high level of security as well as deliver a quality of service and support on par with other mission critical systems,” said Christy Wyatt, President and Chief Executive Officer of Good Technology. “The acquisition of BoxTone by Good brings together the industry’s leading provider of secure mobility solutions for data, devices and apps with the industry innovator in mobile service management, enabling IT to confidently build, deploy, support and manage mobility at scale.”
“The synergies between BoxTone and Good will allow customers to benefit from the unique combination of security and service management to manage their business-critical mobile deployments,” said Alan Snyder, president and chief executive officer, BoxTone. “Coupled with Good’s premier security and mobile app development platform, we will enable unified mobile monitoring, management, support and analytics that will drive down total cost of ownership and drive up ROI.”
The comprehensive combined solution provides unmatched functionality:
- Secure email, contacts, calendar both on premise as well as in the cloud
- Secure browsing
- Secure instant messaging and presence,
- Secure Sharepoint, network file and cloud storage access
- Mobile device management
- Mobile application management and analytics
- Mobile content management
- Mobile service management including BlackBerry migration tools
- Custom secure app development tools: wrapping, SDK and hybrid support
- Broad coverage across Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Windows Mobile, Samsung, BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Exchange ActiveSync
In addition, BoxTone has significant market presence in Japan through partnerships with leading carriers. Consistent with Good’s continued expansion in other regions, Good sees strong opportunity for the integrated solutions to generate more value for customers in Japan and across global markets and multi-national corporations.
Good experienced tremendous momentum in 2013, namely:
- Increased device activations by 50% over the past three quarters
- Only secure mobility provider to achieve Common Criteria EAL-4+ certification for iOS and Android
- Named a Leader in Gartner’s MDM Magic Quadrant for 3rd year in a row(1)
- Ranked as the #1 pure-play enterprise mobile management vendor by IDC vendor market share (2)
- Declared MDM leader by The 451 Group
- Holds more than 150 patents in secure mobility and many prestigious industry awards
All products continue to be available through the Good and BoxTone direct and reseller channels.
The closing of the acquisition is subject to regulatory approval and other closing conditions, and is expected to occur in the next two months.