NetIQ has announced NetIQ CloudAccess 2.1, its latest version of the company’s single sign-on (SSO) virtual appliance that allows organisations to more easily extend the convenience and security of SSO to any cloud-based service to enable a fully productive mobile workforce. With NetIQ CloudAccess, organisations are able to better protect corporate information and deliver a more consistent, user-friendly experience when accessing company information via desktops, laptops or mobile devices.
NetIQ CloudAccess is a purpose-built virtual appliance making it quick to setup, straightforward to connect, and lightweight to maintain. It eliminates the need for enterprises to store credentials in the cloud; instead, it leverages an organisation’s existing access management paradigm for automated control, limiting the risk of a breach. Further enhancing productivity for users and IT, NetIQ CloudAccess 2.1 offers self-service password reset so users don’t have to call in to Help Desk for support.
NetIQ CloudAccess 2.1 delivers:
– Full account management for SaaS platforms, such as Office 365, Google Apps and Salesforce. Account management capabilities include account onboarding, access control to specific applications and services, as well as automated account disabling, allowing users to change roles or leave the organisation.
– Simplified federation over options, such as Microsoft’s Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), which can be complex to configure and maintain.
– Two forms of multi-factor authentication: one-time passwords (OTP) out-of-the-box, as well as built-in integration with NetIQ’s Advanced Authentication Framework.
Moreover, with NetIQ CloudAccess, business users are able to:
– Conveniently and securely use the most popular cloud-based platforms, such as Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps, and Salesforce without the need to create new accounts for each application.
– Access virtually any cloud-based SaaS application through a single sign-on, relieving the hassle of managing and retrieving passwords for access.
– Continue to use business services through mobile platforms running iOS and Android, while maintaining separation of personal and business use of the device.
“In an IT world defined by app-store simplicity, users now routinely demand access from mobile devices to business data and cloud services, anytime, from anywhere and from any device,” noted Geoff Webb, senior director, Solution Strategy at NetIQ. “To help ensure IT can meet those expectations while still maintaining the security of sensitive data, NetIQ CloudAccess enables businesses to deliver a simple, secure multi-factor authentication solution quickly and simply. As a result, it meets both the demands of users and security best practices.”
Availability and Pricing
NetIQ CloudAccess 2.1 is generally available worldwide today. Enterprise pricing and licensing starts at $16 per user, which includes first year standard maintenance. NetIQ CloudAccess is also available through an annual subscription of $6.50 per user. For more information, please visit: https://www.netiq.com/products/cloudaccess