SNP Security (part of the Certis Group) notes the release of the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption’s (ICAC) Report in relation to Operation Gerda.
“The behaviour of a small number of former SNP employees up to April 2018, named in the report, is regrettable and not representative of our organisation’s high ethical standards. This was a sophisticated scheme designed by a few determined individuals, under unique circumstances, to circumvent and undermine the systems we had or could have had in place at the time.”
“Nevertheless, we have taken a robust and wide-ranging approach to improve our risk management, supervision and governance,” said Tom Roche, Chief Executive, Certis Security Australia.
In the two years since April 2018, when Certis Group acquired SNP Security, SNP Security has worked hard to proactively improve its systems and processes. This has included:
- The expedited roll out of mobile technology that allows SNP Security to have full visibility of everything happening on site, from security team rosters to incident reporting, in real-time. Security officers check in via a GPS-enabled smartphone app, notifying our National Operations Centre to ensure we have the correct level of staffing, at the right locations, at all times, and that staff are safe.
- Separating SNP Security’s operations from the on-site client delivery teams, so that an appropriate separation of duties is enforced;
- Tightening the subcontractor selection framework and rostering of subcontractors’ resources;
- Updating our Code of Conduct so that all staff and subcontractors are clear on our position in relation to inappropriate conduct; and
- Improving the integrity and investigation of whistle-blower reporting so that all reports are made confidentially to an independent, third party recipient.
“We understand the responsibility we have to our clients, employees and the wider security industry to learn from the findings and recommendations of the Final Report,” said Roche.
As a leading security services provider, SNP Security, together with the Certis Group, is committed to setting and maintaining the highest ethical and operational standards.