Symantec Advanced Threat Protection helps companies uncover, prioritise and remediate advanced threats across their control points – fast
Symantec Corp. has introduced Symantec Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), the first solution that can detect and remediate advanced threats across control points, from a single console with just a click, all with no new endpoint agents to deploy.
Advanced threats, such as ransomware, remote access trojans, advanced persistent threats (APTs) and zero day attacks, are on the rise and security professionals can no longer rely on using individual point products at each control point to stop them. The process of uncovering threat data across endpoint, network and email gateways is manual and time-consuming, which gives attackers an edge. Symantec ATP correlates suspicious activity across all control points and prioritises the events that pose the most risk to an organisation. Once a critical threat is identified, it can now be quickly contained and new instances can be blocked.
Symantec ATP allows customers to:
- Uncover a full range of threats from APTs to zero day attacks across endpoint, network and email, with cross-control point detection and environmental search
- Prioritise what matters most by correlating the threat intelligence from across local control points with all that Symantec sees globally through its massive telemetry
- Remediate the threats fast through containment of endpoints and blocking new instances across control points, with one click, from a single console
- Leverage existing investments in Symantec Endpoint Security and Email Security.cloud, without deploying any new endpoint agents
“Security professionals are constantly on their toes trying to monitor and prevent the next cyber-attack,” said Michael A. Brown, president and CEO, Symantec. “We’re moving the industry forward with Symantec Advanced Threat Protection by giving customers a complete picture of their entire enterprise from a single console. Now they can filter out the noise and quickly discover and remediate an attack.”
Reducing the noise for customers with Symantec ATP happens in a few ways. First, Symantec’s massive global threat intelligence combined with local customer data means companies have a more accurate view of which threats pose the greatest risk inside their infrastructure. Additionally, Symantec ATP includes Symantec Cynic, a new cloud-based sandboxing and payload detonation service to discover and prioritise today’s most advanced threats. It also includes Synapse, a cross-control point correlation capability that collects suspicious activity across endpoints, networks and email to prioritise those that are of greatest risk to the organisation.
“Our new Synapse and Cynic technologies work together to provide up to 30 percent better detection than existing products out there,” said Balaji Yelamanchili, executive vice president and general manager of Enterprise Security Business, Symantec. “Before, a security professional would need to manually check to see if a suspicious file was properly blocked. With our new technologies built into Symantec ATP, we do the legwork for customers, cutting down on their search and remediation time.”
“The average enterprise uses 75 distinct security products,” Yelamanchili added. “That overload creates opportunity for attackers because it slows down detection. Symantec ATP allows security professionals to click once and remediate everywhere across all three control points.”
Symantec ATP enhances existing installations of Symantec Endpoint Protection and Email Security.cloud without requiring any new endpoint agents. This allows customers to deploy a new installation of Symantec ATP in under an hour and search for attacks in minutes. The product can also export its rich intelligence into third party security incident event managers (SIEMs). As Symantec ATP evolves, the company plans to open it up to third party technology partners, including firewall and other security product vendors, allowing customers to enhance the value of their existing investments.
- “Securing a large pan-European stock exchange is high stakes and our IPO in 2014 added an enormous degree of complexity to securing our data. As the world has seen, one technical glitch can rock the markets and cause financial, legal and reputational damage. Euronext turned to market-leader Symantec to secure its infrastructure and signed on to test an early version of Symantec’s Advanced Threat Protection. Already it’s providing greater visibility into what’s happening on Euronext’s endpoints; and doing it in a simpler, faster more efficient way. As a result, Euronext has prioritised and reduced the number of potential security incidents,” said Marc Green, Head of Threat and Vulnerability Management, Euronext.
- “IT security and compliance is one of the biggest challenges for businesses today and having the right strategy in place is crucial. As a Symantec Platinum Partner, Data#3’s dedicated Security Practice provides customers with the right platform to optimise and manage their IT security environment. Symantec’s Advanced Threat Protection is a logical extension to our Practice. As an early adopter of the solution, we have seen first-hand the significant outcomes that can be delivered in terms of increased security and protection and we are excited to pass on our expertise to help customers achieve their security goals,” said Richard Dornhart, National Practice Manager – Security, Data#3.
- “In reality, going forward, improved prevention, detection, response and prediction capabilities are all needed to deal with all types of attacks, ‘advanced’ or not. Furthermore, these should not be viewed as siloed capabilities; rather, they should work intelligently together as an integrated, adaptive system to constitute a complete protection process for advanced threats.” (Source: Gartner, Designing an Adaptive Security Architecture for Protection From Advanced Attacks 12 February 2014, Gartner Foundational 19 November 2014)
- “As enterprises’ security estates become more complex, in response to a dynamic threat landscape, CISOs demand a platform that integrates and manages their security operations. Similarly, to address skills shortages, they need a mechanism that automates as much of their security operations as possible, and in particular detects and remediates threats quickly,” said Duncan Brown, Research Director, European Security Practice, IDC.“Our strategic relationship with Symantec has received a further boost with the addition of the Symantec Advanced Threat Protection. In this day and age of cyber threats, we firmly believe that ATP will significantly enhance customers’ defenses by embedding superior threat detection and remediation capabilities into their current security portfolio. By leveraging Wipro’s Enterprise Security Solutions’ expertise and Symantec’s strong technology prowess, we expect to considerably improve our customers’ confidence in their Cyber Protection and Risk Management strategy,” said Sheetal Mehta, VP & Global Head – Enterprise Security Solutions, Wipro.
- “In today’s dynamic world, enterprises, more than ever, are challenged by security requirements as the data resides in public, private and virtual environments. The reality of the BYOD phenomenon inside enterprises have made data risk management all the more critical,” said Kalyan Kumar, SVP & Chief Technologist, HCL Technologies. “In such a scenario, Symantec Advanced Threat Protection is a state-of –the-art solution that not only acts as an early warning system but allows customers to take full advantage of Symantec’s vast amounts of threat intelligence to help prioritise the incidents that aren’t caught by other point products across the enterprise IT environment. It’s exactly what our customers are looking for – a simple way to manage and prevent the next mega breach.”
Pricing and Availability
Symantec Advanced Threat Protection will be available by end of calendar year 2015.
Starting MSRP is AUD$45 per user annually to secure one control pointStarting MSRP is AUD$85 per user annually to secure three control points
Starting MSRP is AUD$70 per user annually to secure two control points
Starting MSRP is AUD$85 per user annually to secure three control points
Symantec Corporation is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.