IT Pros in distributed enterprises and SMBs gain new insights into network threats, attacks, malware and mobile security
WatchGuard Technologies has released WatchGuard Dimension 2.1, the latest version of its award-winning data visualisation and reporting suite, and Fireware 11.11, its security-hardened operating system. These releases provide increased visibility across the entire network for distributed enterprises and small and midsize businesses (SMBs). IT professionals can now scan networks for unauthorised devices with WatchGuard’s Network Discovery, gain real-time visibility into infected clients with Botnet Detection, identify and audit mobile devices connected to the network with Mobile Security, and take advantage of new reporting and management capabilities in Dimension.
Organisations lacking comprehensive and actionable visibility across their network face greater risk and slower response times for attack mitigation. Additionally, they have difficulty managing everyday network nuisances like downtime and bottlenecks that negatively impact employee productivity.
“We talk about visibility as the missing layer of information security, but really, it’s more like night vision goggles,” said Corey Nachreiner, chief technology officer at WatchGuard. “It allows you to see into areas that were previously just a shadowy void. No matter how good your security may be, the threat landscape will continue to evolve. Since you can’t stop every attack, you need to have mechanisms that help you see, analyse and respond to them before it’s too late.”
- Network Discovery: a subscription service that performs a complete network scan to quickly generate a visual map of every connected device, providing Firebox administrators total visibility into all assets on their network. The technology ensures only authorised devices are in place, while at the same time detecting open ports and identifying the protocols that are running.
- Botnet Detection: integrated into the Reputation Enabled Defense service. Customers gain real-time visibility into infected clients and command and control communication is immediately blocked.
- Mobile Security: a subscription service that delivers an additional layer of network visibility by giving administrators the ability to identify and audit mobile devices that connect to the network. This allows Firebox administrators to enforce access controls and only allow mobile devices that adhere to current corporate policies, and are free of malware.
- Subscription Services Dashboard: a reporting interface that gives businesses a comprehensive performance summary with statistics to show what has been scanned by a Firebox and attacks or malware that have been prevented. It enables IT managers to deliver that information in an easily digestible format for non-technical users.
- Policy Usage Report: a new report that provides valuable insight into how frequently policies are used, thereby enabling IT teams to keep firewall policies current and eliminate unnecessary or unused policies. This report is often requested by PCI auditors since unused policies are a good indicator of a poorly managed and maintained firewall.
- User Anonymisation: an innovative feature that enables businesses to conform to data privacy regulations, such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation framework, by anonymising end-user information.
For more information on the latest visibility features and tools from WatchGuard, visit these additional resources:
- Network Discovery Tech Brief
- User Anonymisation Tech Brief
- Network Visibility Infographic
- Network Visibility eBook
- Network Visibility Webinar
About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. is a global leader in network security, providing best-in-class Unified Threat Management, Next Generation Firewall, secure Wi-Fi, and network intelligence products and services to more than 75,000 customers worldwide. The company’s mission is to make enterprise-grade security accessible to companies of all types and sizes through simplicity, making WatchGuard and ideal solution for Distributed Enterprises and SMBs. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit WatchGuard.com