Palo Alto Networks, the leader in enterprise security, has announced Palo Alto Networks AutoFocus cyber threat intelligence service, a new offering that provides prioritised, actionable intelligence designed to give customers a clear advantage in the battle against cyber threats.
Security practitioners receive an overwhelming volume of security data and alerts daily from a variety of tools, vendor feeds and devices deployed across their organisation. This vast pool of information with little to no context or actionable next steps makes it difficult to identify the unique, targeted attacks facing their organisation, often resulting in missed opportunities to prevent the attack before damage can be done.
With the AutoFocus service, security practitioners gain instant access to actionable intelligence derived from billions of file analysis artifacts based on the files collected from of over 5,000 global enterprises, service providers, and government organisation routinely targeted by advanced, targeted attacks. By delivering context, such as the origin and uniqueness of a particular threat, or relevance to an organization’s industry, the AutoFocus cyber threat intelligence service is able to:
Expose the latest threat tactics, techniques, and procedures used by attackers;
· Attribute attacks to specific adversaries;
· Identify how specific threats fit into a larger campaign; and
· Distinguish between commodity malware versus highly customised or targeted malware.
These advanced capabilities enable customers to quickly prioritise highly targeted attacks, apply appropriate resources to address them, and take immediate action to protect critical assets.
“The Palo Alto Networks AutoFocus threat intelligence service enables security teams to significantly close the gap on the time it takes to identify and prevent advanced, targeted cyber attacks. By putting cyber threats in a context that speaks specifically to their network and industry, using the largest data set aggregated across customers and industries, we are helping customers around the world take a more strategic approach to securing their organisations.” said Lee Klarich, senior vice president of Product Management, Palo Alto Networks
Key features of the AutoFocus threat intelligence service include:
- Priority alerts – Prioritized alerts of targeted, advanced attacks based on statistical analysis, human intelligence from the Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 threat research team, and tagged indicators from a customer’s own network, as well as a global community of cyber security experts also using the AutoFocus service.
- Attack context – a web-based dashboard provides the tools to quickly investigate the context of attacks, adversaries, and campaigns, including attacks targeting their specific industry.
- High fidelity threat intelligence – AutoFocus incorporates billions of file analysis artifacts sourced from over 5,000 global enterprises, service providers, and government organisations routinely targeted by advanced, targeted attacks.
Palo Alto Networks AutoFocus threat intelligence service will be available in April to a limited set of existing Palo Alto Networks customers through a Community Access program. Interested parties should visit: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/autofocus to register for the program. Pricing and general availability of the AutoFocus service are scheduled for the second half of the 2015 calendar year.
For more information, visit:
Learn more and register for the Community Access program: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/autofocus
Come see Palo Alto Networks AutoFocus live at RSA booth #4120
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Unlike fragmented legacy products, our security platform safely enables business operations and delivers protection based on what matters most in today’s dynamic computing environments: applications, users, and content.
Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.